8/01/2007

tuesday july 31

today i arrived home after eating a fulfilling and delicious dinner with my grandparents. when i opened the door of my house and entered the 'lobby' area, i was overwhelmed with the smell of another meal being made -- the aroma of cooking vegetables wafted through the air and i was suddenly, briefly convinced that someone had broken into my house and was making me dinner. despite the fact that i'd just eaten and that this hypothesis would place the security of my living quarters under question, i was very pleased with this notion. as i walked up the stairs and approached my front door, however, the odor drifted away, replaced by the uninteresting smell of my own house, and it became clear that my neighbours living below me were cooking dinner, presumably not for me.

No comments: