10/08/2008

tuesday october 7

today i waited after work for my first bus for about 20 minutes instead of the usual 5 or so. silently fuming the entire ride that i was going to miss my transfer bus and get home a half-hour later than usual, i ranted in my head about the ltc and how i wasn't going to miss this stupid city at all. this continued as i eventually got off the first bus and arrived at my transfer stop a minute or two after my second bus should have gone by. after a couple more minutes of waiting and fuming, i was about to take off to another stop to catch a different bus, when my bus came driving down the street, running a few minutes late. in an instant, all was forgiven and a warm affection for the city washed over me. i'll miss you after all, london. because i caught this one bus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't worry, soon you will silently curse the TTC. the other day it shut down and i was stranded about 10 stops from my home (too far to walk, even if I was feeling motivated). so many people were waiting at each bus stop that the sheer throng of people blocked an entire lane of traffic and cabs were all taken. i eventually got a very nice friend to come pick me up, and even then traffic was a mess. all in all i got home about 6 hours later than normal ...