5/01/2009

thursday april 30

today i went to harvey's on campus for the last time this semester. i ordered my usual combo (cheeseburger with onion rings and root beer), which always comes to $7.10. used to this fact by now, i put a $20 bill and a dime on the counter without even listening to the price. the woman working there looked at me like i was crazy, and repeated the price: $7.33. surprised, i threw another quarter onto the counter and pointed out that this combo was usually 23 cents cheaper. "it was until last friday!" she exclaimed, explaining that prices increased slightly. "well this throws off my whole routine!" i joked, and we shared a laugh. although i was disappointed to have to pay more for my food, i was happy to finally share a moment of camaraderie at the harvey's counter, after having frequented the place all semester.

1 comment:

tammy said...

that's my usual order, too