4/09/2010

thursday april 8

today i was at my physiotherapy appointment when, toward the end of the session, my physiotherapist asked me if i had any rubber bands at home. i said yes, assuming he meant the small elastic bands that are used to roll up newspapers, tie off bags, etc. what he actually meant, as he demonstrated in the gym a minute later, was a piece of rubbery material that was about three feet in length. the exercise he assigned me involved standing with my foot on one end of this "rubber band" and pulling its other end up and down with my arm. why the average person would have this sort of thing lying around their house is beyond me.

1 comment:

fmc said...

He probably thought that anyone who would suffer a catastrophic injury while playing dodgeball had maybe gone through physical therapy a few times before.