11/08/2010

monday november 8

today i forgot to put on a belt before i went to work. while it's not like my pants were in danger of falling down, i still felt self-conscious the entire day for not wearing a belt with dress pants and a tucked-in dress shirt. whenever i was forced to walk around the office, i was convinced that every person i passed was taking notice (unlikely -- i've been there over a week and STILL no one has asked about my awesome arm scar). it got to the point where every time i got up and walked around, i'd carry a handful of papers at waist level in an attempt to at least partially cover up the fact that i was beltless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know the feeling. id be naked without my belt. its like (ecpecially in your case) a globe wihtout an equator - how do you know where hemispheres begin and end?

Dan said...

man I never wear a belt with my dress pants and dress shirt. Total rebel here, obviously.