1/12/2014

saturday january 11

today i took a cab and ended up with a pretty chatty driver. attempting to be sociable, i noticed a cast on his wrist and asked, "what'd you do to your arm?" he replied: "oh, i punched a mirror... not a great night, man!" and then laughed. not 100% sure if he was being serious or telling some sort of weird joke, i didn't ask any follow-up questions. we exchanged a few more comments up until we arrived at my destination, at which point he wished me a good night, and i jokingly said "don't punch any more mirrors!" he didn't react at all to this comment, which i assume was because he didn't hear it, but also may have been because he was unamused by my flippant treatment of his injury. either way, i resolved never to go out of my way to talk to my cab driver again.

1 comment:

JDK said...

I fortunately only take cabs to and from the airport, so there's the usual lame smalltalk about weather.