1/09/2014

thursday january 9

today i was walking along dundas st. when i stopped at a red light alongside another guy, plus a mom and her two young kids. after a single car drove through the light, the coast was clear to jaywalk across the intersection, but as is often the case, i was hesitant to do so in front of children. it's not so much that i want to be a good role model -- i just feel sort of guilty forcing a parent to explain why it's okay for adults to cross on red lights when kids can't. as i stood there debating whether or not to wait out the light, the guy beside me began walking across the intersection, giving me the "green light" (figuratively) to do the same, a couple steps behind him. sure enough, as i started to cross, one of the kids tried to follow me before being told to stop by his mom. "but that man's doing it!" i heard him exclaim. fortunately i was out of earshot by the time his mom had to explain the situation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

real bad boy move

JDK said...

These kind of standoff situations are what keep me in my apartment most of the time. Thank god I have a car.