4/01/2014

sunday march 30

today i was walking down the sidewalk, approaching my house, when i saw two women who were clearly either buying or pushing something walking up my front steps to ring the doorbell. knowing that if i continued on to my house, i'd run into them on the front porch, i briefly considered walking right by and then circling back once it was clear they'd moved on to the neighbours. still, while this was an appealing thought, it seemed like a plan that could easily backfire. so i gritted my teeth, approached my front door, took their pamphlet, then feigned enthusiasm for a few seconds at their invitation to me and my family to come to the kingdom hall of jehovah's witnesses next month. but no, i won't be among the millions in attendance:


1 comment:

JDK said...

I just don't answer my door and end up missing deliveries.