5/10/2014

wednesday may 7

today i finished reading the flamethrowers less than an hour before my book club was set to meet to discuss it. by cutting it so close, i essentially ruined any chance i had of making dinner before the meeting, so i decided to head out early and eat something quickly along the way. however, a couple minutes after leaving my house, i realized i'd forgotten to wear a sweater under my jacket and that it was kind of chilly, a problem that would only be exacerbated when i was walking home hours later. i headed back home and put on the sweater, by which point i felt like i no longer had time to get any food and just went straight to book club. after briefly considering ordering food at the bar where we met, i felt like i'd rather suffer my hunger in silence than stuff my face while the conversation happened around me.

No comments: