1/18/2015

tuesday january 13

today i walked over to my laundromat to do laundry. i'd been putting it off for several days now, and it was to the point where i needed to do it, despite how cold it was out. however, when i arrived at the laundromat, shortly after 7:00 pm, the place was closed. i knew from past experience that it was supposed to be open until 9:00 pm, so it didn't really make any sense that it was closed, and it left me so disoriented that i walked by home and sat in my coat with my bags of laundry on the floor for 5-10 minutes trying to figure out what to do.

my laundry was so heavy and it was so cold out that i really had no desire to go to a new laundromat, where i'd have to walk an extra 4-5 minutes and figure out new machines. but i'd need to either do laundry or go out and buy new clothes before tomorrow evening, since i had plans and had no interest in wearing the same pair of socks for a third straight day.

ultimately, i decided to leave work early tomorrow in order to have time to go back to my laundromat during an hour when it will presumably be open. three hours of vacation time spent on making sure i have time to do my laundry, this is my life now.

No comments: