8/30/2009

saturday august 29

today i was watching tv at home with a friend when we decided, as i had yesterday, to order food. with her craving thai and my being very agreeable, we ended up calling and ordering the same place as i had just one day earlier. after getting my phone number from me yesterday, the restaurant now had it in their database, and for the entirety of the phone call i was irrationally paranoid that their records also showed that i'd ordered from there two days in a row after never ordering from there before. would they think i was going to order from there EVERY day now? were they chuckling behind my back about my lack of dinner-order creativity? all of these thoughts crossed my mind throughout the call, though the girl taking my order (who sounded very much like the girl who'd taken my order yesterday) gave no indication of judgment.

No comments: