7/07/2015

thursday june 18

today i received an email from my friend in which he referred to my old email address as "shawarma platter." confused, i asked him about it, and he informed me that the display name on my old address showed up as "shawarma platter" rather than "luke adams" when he typed my name into the "to" field of an email. even though i'm obviously a big fan of shawarma platters, i had no idea why this would be the case, and logged into my old address to see if my display name had changed for some reason. it hadn't -- i was still "luke adams." although my friend and i never determined with certainty what the deal was, my best guess is that he somehow altered my display name in his own email contact list, even though neither of us could figure out how to do that. a real mystery.

No comments: