7/31/2014

wednesday july 30

today i checked out another no frills after yesterday's futile attempt to collect boxes and was met with a similar lack of options. still, as was the case on tuesday, i managed to find a few things to buy, and went up to the counter to pay. after ringing my items through, the cashier stood there and looked in the other direction while i held out my cash. at least two or three awful seconds must have passed where i held out two $5 bills, slowly leaning over to try to catch her eye. finally, i happened to glance down at the debit machine, which was waiting for me to touch its screen. "oh.... sorry... i'm paying cash," i said to the cashier, who finally turned around and took my money, ending what was an ominously uncomfortable first visit to my new local grocery store.

No comments: