1/08/2009

tuesday january 6

today i went to the nearby cibc bank machine to withdraw some money. after inserting my bank card, the machine prompted me to select my language. i clicked the button marked 'english' and waited. nothing happened. i pressed it again, harder this time. still nothing. after trying one last time with no results, i reluctantly pressed the 'francais' button across from it. the machine beeped approval and continued on to the next step. for the rest of the transaction, i was fairly worried that my lack of french knowledge would result in my doing something disastrous with my money, but the process turned out to be surprisingly simple, despite my having to select a couple options i would've preferred not to, to avoid having to use the machine's one broken button.

No comments: