11/13/2009

thursday november 12

today i went to shopper's drug mart to buy a few items i needed. my total was $28.27. i pulled out a $20 bill and two $5 bills, and then went to grab 27 cents of change from my wallet. unfortunately, after i pulled out a quarter and a penny, i couldn't find a second penny. this unexpected hiccup threw me for a loop and nearly resulted in the cashier giving me 99 cents worth of change, until i threw a nickel on the counter and took my penny back. still, the exchange left me so flustered that i forgot to pile my items into my bag until she'd given me my receipt. when i finally finished bagging all of them, i tried to make up for my slowness at the counter by walking briskly out of the store, but ended up knocking something off the shelf as i attempted to squeeze past another customer. all in all, it was an embarrassing sequence of events triggered by my only having one penny in my wallet.

2 comments:

cali barbara said...

hahahaha, i could visualize the entire incident. WERE YOU WEARING SUSPENDERS? you were in my vision.

BNS said...

Pennies were pretty annoying