6/27/2020

thursday june 25

today i was excited to find a big box containing my new, recently-ordered tennis racquet on my front step. after getting it out of its packaging and showing it to my girlfriend, she commented on the head size, pointing out that it looked noticeably smaller than my old racquet. "you didn't buy a kid's racquet, did you?" she asked.

although i had spent hours researching racquets before having ultimately landed on this one and was very confident i didn't actually buy a child-size one, her comment still elicited a few seconds of panic in me, which i assuaged by making sure there was no mention of children on the various labels still attached to the racquet and by doing a little more googling to confirm that smaller head sizes do, in fact, improve a player's control.

No comments: