1/15/2021

monday january 11

today i had a baffling live chat with a rogers representative named sasha, who - after learning that i was using firefox as my browser - gave me a lengthy spiel about how 64% of people on the internet use google chrome, explaining that they simply couldn't prioritize the less-than-5% of their customer base that use firefox.

after explaining that my question had nothing to do with my browser and that i simply wanted to see if i could add starz to my existing hbo/crave package, sasha said: "what happens, when you say 'starz' in the remore (sic), then click 'ok' to subscribe?"

it became clear to me at this point that sasha thought my rogers equipment was far more advanced than it actually is. still, even though i was 99.9% sure i didn't have any sort of voice-controlled remote, i half-heartedly said "starz" into it and felt pretty dumb when, obviously, nothing happened.

No comments: