4/17/2016

monday february 15

today i came out of my house and was a few seconds away from "merging" onto the sidewalk when i noticed a passerby walking in the same direction that i was about to. if i’d walked to the sidewalk at a normal pace, i would have ended up almost exactly in line with him, so i was faced with a snap decision: rush out to the sidewalk to get out there ahead of him, or take my time and let him get a bit ahead of me, so i wasn’t right on his ass when i started walking. i opted for the latter, making a concerted effort to struggle to get my gloves comfortable while standing in my front walkway before making it out to the sidewalk. of course, i ended up passing him about 60 seconds later, so maybe i should’ve just rushed to get ahead of him from the start.

No comments: