3/30/2020

monday march 30

today i got a text message from a beer delivery guy letting me know he was 10 minutes away from my house. in my reply, i asked if there was any non-cash method i could use to tip him, to which he answered, "you can send an e-transfer but it's really not necessary!"

when he arrived at the door, i thanked him and asked him to text me his email address for an e-transfer, to which he once again replied that it wasn't necessary.

i felt as if i was in a "no, i insist"-type standoff and that i could get him to accept a tip if i kept pushing. after all, if he was really opposed to it, he wouldn't have mentioned the e-transfer option in the first place. but i was in an awkward spot -- the only way to actually get him that tip would be to text him back (after he'd already left my house) and to insist for a third time that he give me his personal email address.

after going back and forth on it, i ultimately decided that it wasn't worth it just to give him $10, but i came out of the encounter feeling annoyed that non-contact tipping options aren't more widely available during these times. give me this option on your websites, toronto breweries.

No comments: